Introduction to Leadership
Develop your leadership skills in the face of uncertainty
Your Teaching Fellow
Ami Valdemoro is an entrepreneur, leadership coach, health advocate, and social change agent. She is the Founder and Chief Empowerment Officer of Three Points Ventures, Inc., helping corporations and non-profit organizations with their leadership development, impact strategies, and execution.
Graduating with honors from Georgetown University’s Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, Ami earned her Master in Public Policy from the Harvard Kennedy School.
Today’s world speaks the language of change, immediacy, and speed. And there is no deficit of technical expertise and mastery. What exists is a vacuum of leadership. More and more organizations are recognizing the reality that the best and brightest stumble on the tricky task of managing and developing any organization’s top asset -- its people. This is why leadership is the most defining factor for success in any organization or undertaking.
Anyone can learn leadership. It’s a skill that needs practice, regardless of your position or title. Upgrade your leadership skills with the help of leadership frameworks and ideas taught at the Harvard Kennedy School. Based on courses offered once voted by alumni as “the most impactful on their career,” Introduction to Leadership makes leading-edge leadership theories and frameworks accessible to the beginning change-maker. After this course, you’ll have access to the same leadership tools used by executives, politicians, diplomats, and other high-level decision-makers. Future-proof your leadership by gaining a toolkit for 21st century problem solving and change-making.
The main objectives of CAL's Introduction to Leadership course are to:
- Introduce a framework of thinking and decision-making that will prepare and prime working professionals to take on the challenging yet necessary role of leadership in their organizations and communities
- Provide users guiding principles to manage and communicate with various interest groups and stakeholders, with both external and internal factors intervening during the sometimes messy process of initiating change
The development of solid personal leadership is the point of departure for all future innovation, professional development, and organizational success. This program aims to empower change agents and problem solvers attuned to the realities and needs of the 21st century.
This leadership program is designed to help new and mid-career professionals develop their adaptive and personal leadership capacity. Using leadership frameworks taught at the Harvard Business School and the Harvard Kennedy School, participants will learn to exercise leadership that generates value across different sectors and disciplines.
- Learn to orchestrate a process of adaptive change and creative problem-solving in times of uncertainty
- Engage in a process that allows one to identify personal barriers to change and methods to overcome them
- Gain a toolkit of skills to gain insights, solve problems, and instill a disciplined collaborative ecosystem
- Learn how to manage competing stakeholders and the losses associated with change
- Learn how narratives mobilize teams
- Create a personalized leadership action plan to initiate your leadership practice
- Gain critical skills for solving complex organizational problems
Begin your personal journey of leadership by enrolling now